Monday, September 27, 2010

Finally, some balance...

With all of the media today and the constant bombardment of opinion and "insight" we are routinely subjected to, it's extremely easy to be influenced by the impressively loud majority. They seem to have been able to make us think what they want and we feel there is no problem in doing or feeling that what they say is right. They're tactics are to inundate us, convince us, and then drive their points home by bludgeoning us over the head with a loop-like, repetitive dirge of their "facts" and expertise. Well I call bullshit. They are just a group of individuals who, by the way, very rarely know more about your opinions and leanings than you, another individual, do. I unfortunately have fallen victim to this sheep like mentality as I am, I lament, only human. Therefore, I am making a conscious effort to allow myself my own thoughts on things the pundits feel I should be only beholden to them on (weird sentence). So I made a list of my own beliefs, as trivial as they may be. Hey, get off my back. At least I made a list. What have you done?!

Overrated
Thinking Globally

Underrated
Acting Locally

Overrated
Paris Hilton
Underrated
Paris, Ontario

Overrated
Fluorescent Bulbs
Underrated
Turning off the Lights

Overrated
Diamonds
Underrated
Lou Diamond Phillips

Overrated
Die Hard
Underrated
Die Hard III (I'm gonna catch some shit for this one)

Overrated
Radiohead
Underrated
Radiohead

Overrated
Politics
Underrated
Reason

Overrated
Dane Cook
Underrated
Louis C.K.

Overrated
Jogging
Underrated
Walking

Overrated
Sex
Underrated
Sex with Another Person

Overrated
Twilight
Underrated
Reading anything, ANYTHING else

Overrated
Global Warming
Underrated
More Ice Cream

Overrated
Tropical Beaches
Underrated
Cottage Shorelines

Overrated
Weeds
Underrated
Smokin' dem shits

Overrated
Rap
Underrated
Hip Hop

Overrated
Lobster...
Underrated
...with Black Bean Sauce


I am finished. For now. As time passes, more things may lodge themselves in my craw-like craw. But for now, I leave you. Goodnight, and Good Luck.


1 comment: